Thursday, August 16, 2007

Finished! Or maybe just started

I have finished my 23 Things and had a great time working through the list of items. For just about everything there seemed to be some library-type use although not necessarily for the State Library.

I have already started to incorporate some of the 23 Things into my work as well as my personal life. I don’t know if it will make me any more organized or allow me to work any more efficiently, but it certainly has gotten me more involved with my co-workers and others in and out of the library world. That is a good thing in libraries!

Out of all the 23 Things that we did, the one that I found the least useful was Technorati – I will most likely cancel my subscription to that. Everything else I found some use for even if it was not really work-related.

I think there are couple of challenges for my library –
*To continue to use the 23 Things and not treat it as a project that has ended so we can return to the status quo; and

*To explore and use other social networking tools such as Second Life, Ning, or Facebook.

For me, the 23 Things was just the start! Next is to create one convenient, central location so that I can easily access Bloglines, LibraryThing, or whatever Web 2.0 tool I want.

2 comments:

Sonja Streuber, PMP(R), SSBB said...

Hi there! Guess who?

Just found your blog and love the fact that you used Zephyr's picture here. He's such a cutie!

Hugs!

Library Grace said...

Wish I checked out your blog, earlier. I have just finished the Challenge and will continue to grow in this area. It really was a challenge at times. You did a great job on your blog.